8 Members Online

  • John Roberts
    Ditmar - how is it possible that being gay is a sin, being gay ia "flesh and blood" bonding attraction to the same sex. our battle is not against "flesh and blood" but against negative spirits of the air,eph 6:12. the" shameful lust "of romans1 is of heterosexual relations as well. shameful lust does definitely come against jesus's love.
  • 7 minutes ago
  • Justin Edward Bird
    I'm tired, so I'm keeping this simple. First off, why would this be something humorous? It's so utterly basic that I don't even know why it's an issue. I don't understand why in modern times all restrooms aren't unisex. Yeah, transgender people exist. Yeah, they're a minority. So what? Why would ...more
    I'm tired, so I'm keeping this simple. First off, why would this be something humorous? It's so utterly basic that I don't even know why it's an issue. I don't understand why in modern times all restrooms aren't unisex.

    Yeah, transgender people exist. Yeah, they're a minority. So what? Why would being a minority mean anyone has the right to discriminate against them? Are we really trying to go back down the road of Jim Crow again? I know what you people opposed to this are thinking now. It's not the same, right? Please, do tell. Please explain to me how this is a unique brand of intolerant segregation. I'm dying to hear it.

    More likely than not, there's going to be religious reasons to disagree with me. I see some guy in the comments quoting Bible verses. That doesn't matter to me; I'm an atheist, so please, provide some real reasons, not hogwash fairy tales, thank you very much...
  • 28 minutes ago
  • Grace Kim Kwon
    DaleRlchner - You answered me. Thank you. Dale, you need to repent to get saved. Seek holiness and purity for life.
    • A Millennial's March for Marriage
    • More than ever before, this year's March for Marriage is centered on protecting God's design for one man and one woman marriage, as well as defending the religious liberty of those who hold that conviction.
  • 1 hour ago
  • Grace Kim Kwon
    Mainline Protestant 7 - Apostates should stop blaspheming. You should not ridicule truth-telling. Christians are not New Agers. People must value virginity before marriage in the Biblical way, even for a safe and honesty society. Period. Victims of crimes are exceptions, of course. Dress up properly for safety, too.
    • A Millennial's March for Marriage
    • More than ever before, this year's March for Marriage is centered on protecting God's design for one man and one woman marriage, as well as defending the religious liberty of those who hold that conviction.
  • 1 hour ago
  • phylan
    eternaleyesight - do you have any evidence for what you advance other than "they don't agree with me so they must not be christian" ?
    • Gay Activists Target Faithful Christian Pastors
    • In 2015 America, a remnant of faithful Christian pastors, not imams, are being targeted by gay activists. No Christian pastor I know has ever proclaimed or financially supported the beheading of anyone, let alone gays.
  • 1 hour ago
  • phylan
    Mainline Protestant 7 - Oh don't worry, I am well aware that religion and morality are not that correlated. There are some nice people and some mean people in all religious groups - just as there are nice atheists and mean atheists.
  • 1 hour ago
  • WilliamJames
    j427750108 - You wrote: Acts 7:55-56 (God the Father has a see-able body in the physical world, just like the Son. The Father is also resurrected.) News for you William. The Father didn't die, so, He was not resurrected. I'm sorry that you didn't know. It's in the Bible. However, this does not say ...more
    j427750108 - You wrote:
    Acts 7:55-56 (God the Father has a see-able body in the physical world, just like the Son. The Father is also resurrected.) News for you William. The Father didn't die, so, He was not resurrected. I'm sorry that you didn't know. It's in the Bible. However, this does not say a word about the Father being flesh and bone. Just "strong feelings" and opinions from William.

    News for you J4, Stephen saw the Father’s body. Unless you’re willing to concede that the Father has a SPIRIT BODY that resembles man’s body, and is separate from Jesus’ spirit body, then you’re stuck with God the Father also having a resurrected body. Stephen declares that he sees two personages – the Father and the Son – how do we know that the Father has a body? Because Stephen sees it and declares that Jesus is standing at the right HAND of the Father. Stephen can’t declare that he sees Jesus at the Father’s right hand, unless 1) the Father has a right hand, 2) the Father has a right arm, a right side, etc. That’s how the human eye works J4.

    But perhaps you’ll trust Jesus Christ about the Father’s physical body. Listen to the words of Christ and see if you’ll believe him or the Neoplatonic Trinity.

    John 5:19 Jesus gave them this answer: "Very truly I tell you, the Son can do nothing by himself; he can do only what he sees his Father doing, because whatever the Father does the Son also does.”

    What did the son do? He laid down his life and took it up again.

    Are you going to argue that the GREATEST act in the life of Jesus Christ does not apply to this verse?

    Are you going to deny Jesus his OWN explanation of what the Father had done before Jesus did anything? Jesus can ONLY do what he sees his Father doing. Remember, Jesus can see the past, present, and the future.

    Sorry J4, ALL of the scriptures DEMONSTRATE the New Testament justification for Mormon beliefs, and the dismissal of Trinitarian beliefs.

    I know that you WISH this wasn’t true, but notice carefully that you can’t rebut or refute Mormonism with the Bible.
  • 1 hour ago
  • WilliamJames
    j427750108 - You wrote: Luke 24:39, 41-43 And your arguement means----Nothing. Doesn't prove flesh and blood. Christ said that the Father is Spirit, not flesh and blood. In fact, these verses hurt you. Christ said that the Father is spirit in John 4:23-24 and here in your verse, He says that ...more
    j427750108 - You wrote:
    Luke 24:39, 41-43 And your arguement means----Nothing. Doesn't prove flesh and blood. Christ said that the Father is Spirit, not flesh and blood. In fact, these verses hurt you. Christ said that the Father is spirit in John 4:23-24 and here in your verse, He says that spirits do not have flesh and bone.

    What you’re talking about is “ghosts” don’t have flesh and bone, but resurrected spirit beings DO HAVE bodies of flesh and bone. You’re confused J4.

    Yes, Jesus Christ has a body of flesh and bone. If you deny this, you deny Jesus Christ’s literal resurrection and you cannot be saved in the kingdom of the Father.

    Please obey Christ and not the Neoplatonic Trinity.
  • 1 hour ago
  • WilliamJames
    j427750108 - You wrote: Exodus 33:23 And your arguement means----Nothing. Doesn't prove flesh and blood. Christ said that the Father is Spirit, not flesh and blood. J4, you’re in denial. Here’s the verse: “New International Version Then I will remove my hand and you will see my back; but ...more
    j427750108 - You wrote:
    Exodus 33:23 And your arguement means----Nothing. Doesn't prove flesh and blood. Christ said that the Father is Spirit, not flesh and blood.

    J4, you’re in denial.

    Here’s the verse:
    “New International Version
    Then I will remove my hand and you will see my back; but my face must not be seen."

    How does the Father that is MERELY spirit have “hands”, “a back” and a “face” if the Father is MERELY a spirit?

    Are you conceding that God the Father has a SPIRIT BODY that is identical to man’s human body?
  • 1 hour ago
  • WilliamJames
    j427750108 - You wrote: Genesis 32:30 Nope. The prophet Hosea says who it was Jacob wrestled with---Hos 12:4 Yea, he had power over the ANGEL, and prevailed: he wept, and made supplication unto him: he found him in Bethel, and there he spake with us; Try again. You try again J4. The chapter is ...more
    j427750108 - You wrote:
    Genesis 32:30 Nope. The prophet Hosea says who it was Jacob wrestled with---Hos 12:4 Yea, he had power over the ANGEL, and prevailed: he wept, and made supplication unto him: he found him in Bethel, and there he spake with us;
    Try again.

    You try again J4. The chapter is about Jacob’s confrontation with an Angel and when he saw God face to face. In this chapter, Jacob sees angels, he asks God to preserve him from Esau, for whom he prepares presents, he wrestles all night with a messenger of God, Jacob’s name is changed to Israel AND, AND, …. he sees God face to face.

    I quoted the verse about when Jacob saw God’s face. Here’s the EXACT verse:
    “30 And Jacob called the name of the place Peniel: for I have seen God face to face, and my life is preserved.”

    Like I said: God has a literal face before Jesus was born. Otherwise, you’re calling Jacob a liar.

    You say God didn’t have a face before Jesus was born. Mormons and the Bible says he did and does. How do you explain it? You deny it.
  • 1 hour ago
  • WilliamJames
    j427750108 - You quoted: Luke 24:39 Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself: handle me, and see; for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me have. You are FINALLY showing your true colors J4. The secret is out. Thank you. You don’t believe that Jesus Christ was resurrected ...more
    j427750108 - You quoted:
    Luke 24:39 Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself: handle me, and see; for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me have.

    You are FINALLY showing your true colors J4. The secret is out. Thank you.

    You don’t believe that Jesus Christ was resurrected with a glorified, TANGIBLE, FLESHY, BONEY body! Just admit it! From your quotation above and the context you use it, you think Jesus was playing mind tricks on the Apostles and on the rest of the world! You’ll throw Jesus under the bus – all to protect that Neoplatonic Trinity! Absurd.

    The phrase “as ye see me have” refers to FLESH AND BONES. Spirit in this verse refers to seeing MERELY a ghost.

    For this PRECISE reason did Jesus Christ PROVE that he had a body of flesh and bones and ate something just like we would eat something.

    He was proving that he was not merely a ghost, but a spirit divine being CLOTHED in a body of flesh and bone and tangible as ours, except glorified and perfected and NOT SUBJECT to the powers of this world.

    If Jesus has no flesh and bone, He is not resurrected. And the teaching of the “resurrection” for us is therefore a Christian scam. End of discussion.

    You’re still 0 for 1 on this one.
  • 1 hour ago
  • WilliamJames
    One Bible scholar put it this way: “That God is spirit is not meant as a definition of God's being—though this is how the Stoics [a branch of Greek philosophy] would have understood it. It is a metaphor of his mode of operation, as life-giving power, and it is no more to be taken literally ...more
    One Bible scholar put it this way:

    “That God is spirit is not meant as a definition of God's being—though this is how the Stoics [a branch of Greek philosophy] would have understood it. It is a metaphor of his mode of operation, as life-giving power, and it is no more to be taken literally than 1 Jn 1:5, "God is light," or Deuteronomy 4:24, "Your God is a devouring fire." It is only those who have received this power through Christ who can offer God a real worship.”
    J. N. Sanders, A Commentary on the Gospel According to St. John, edited and completed by B. A. Mastin, (New York, Harper & Row, 1968), 147–148.

    You’re still 0 for 1 on this one.
  • 1 hour ago
  • WilliamJames
    j427750108 - You quoted: “John 4:24 God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth. How does this prove that the Father, Son and Holy Ghost are the “same” spirit? It doesn’t. God in this verse is God the Father, it’s not Jesus, and it’s not the ...more
    j427750108 - You quoted:
    “John 4:24 God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth. How does this prove that the Father, Son and Holy Ghost are the “same” spirit? It doesn’t. God in this verse is God the Father, it’s not Jesus, and it’s not the Holy Ghost. And, I already established that the Father’s spirit and the Son’s spirit are separate and not the same spirit. You’re trying to INFER that God is MERELY a spirit. Which is false doctrine and not present in this verse.”

    For fun let’s adopt your strict interpretation and see why.

    But, be warned, you’re about to open another can of worms for the Trinity – just sayin.

    Firstly, Deuteronomy 4:28 says that our God can see, eat and smell. Can an unembodied spirit do that? Deuteronomy 4:24 and Hebrews 12:29 say that God is a consuming fire, 1 Jn 1:5 says God is light, and 1 Jn 4:4,16 says that God is love. Is He just those things? Clearly not, and Latter-day Saints RIGHTLY conclude that neither is He just a spirit.

    Note that in the KJV cited above, the word “is” is italicized. This is because the King James translators have inserted it on their own—it is not present in the Greek text from which the translation was made.

    Secondly, you should be aware that the indefinite article (“a”, as in "a dog" or "a spirit") does not exist in Greek. Thus, the addition of the word "a" in English occurs at the discretion of the translators.

    This leaves two Greek words: theos pneuma [θεος πνεμα]—“God spirit”. The JST resolves this translational issue by saying “for unto such hath God promised his spirit”. The word pneuma, which is translated spirit, also means ‘life’ or ‘breath’. The King James Version of Revelation 13:15 renders ‘pneuma’ as life. Thus "God is life," or "God is the breath of life" are potential alternative translations of this verse.

    Also, if God is a spirit and we have to worship him in spirit, do mortals have to leave our bodies to worship him?

    Therefore, John 4:24, does not support the Trinity nor your interpretation that ONE GOD = ONE BEING.
  • 1 hour ago
  • WilliamJames
    j427750108 - You wrote: “None of this helps you William. None of this proves mormonism.” Haha J4, no, it actually demonstrates in SPADES that the revealed theology of the Godhead by Joseph Smith is more compatible with the Bible than the Trinity. Those New Testament scriptures PROVE that God ...more
    j427750108 - You wrote:
    “None of this helps you William. None of this proves mormonism.”

    Haha J4, no, it actually demonstrates in SPADES that the revealed theology of the Godhead by Joseph Smith is more compatible with the Bible than the Trinity. Those New Testament scriptures PROVE that God the Father, the Son, and the Holy are not ONE BEING, but three divine beings – the Son is separate from the Father, the Holy Ghost is separate from the Son.

    Remember, your “ONE GOD= ONE BEING” is not a concept in the Bible – it’s concept borrowed from Neoplatonism imposed on Christianity in the 3rd century and upon the Bible today.

    You’re still 0 for 1 on this one.
  • 1 hour ago
  • WilliamJames
    j427750108 - You wrote: “where did I say such” You infer that your definition of resurrection has yet to be discussed and thereby infer that Jesus Christ is not permanently resurrected with a glorified body of flesh and bone. If you can’t accept that Jesus is permanently resurrected you can’t be saved with the Father.
  • 1 hour ago
  • WilliamJames
    j427750108 - You wrote: “Nope. The Bible says ONE GOD. You are applying what William understands due to "strong feelings" and opinion as fact.” Yep, the Bible says ONE GOD, but not ONE BEING. The Bible says ONE GOD, but it’s the Father, in THAT context, NOT the Son. The Father is the ...more
    j427750108 - You wrote:
    “Nope. The Bible says ONE GOD. You are applying what William understands due to "strong feelings" and opinion as fact.”

    Yep, the Bible says ONE GOD, but not ONE BEING. The Bible says ONE GOD, but it’s the Father, in THAT context, NOT the Son. The Father is the Supreme Being, the Son is the Son of God, and resurrected Lord.

    Unless you are ready to concede that ONE GOD = ONE BEING, then the Father and Holy Ghost are resurrected with bodies of tangible flesh and bone.

    Because as you say, there are divine beings other than the ONE BEING, and if ONE BEING is the only definition of God, then you’re stuck – the Father, Son and Holy Ghost are all resurrected in the flesh as well.

    This is the NECESSARY implication of your definition. You can’t escape it.

    So, sorry bud, you’re interpretation can’t pass the acid New Testament test.

    You’re still 0 for 1 on this one.
  • 1 hour ago
  • Grace Kim Kwon
    SlickRick - No, America needs Christian leaders now. South Korea was immensely blessed only because of having Christian faith, but the nation is following the USA in many ways as usual. The Church is most severely persecuted in North Korea at the hands of brutal atheists, but the Christian faith is thriving. You cannot destroy the Church. Never. Money-lovers would never understand a thing in this world. You need Jesus for salvation. Stop hating the Christians, the only good people in America.
  • 1 hour ago